Wednesday, July 18, 2012


So what have I been doing lately?  Well, over the weekend the husband, our friend Sebastian, and I took a trip to Chicago to see the Sunday lineup at the Pitchfork Music Festival. We were able to see Chavez (AMAZING but I was disappointed they didn't play my jam-alas), King Krule (loved it but an outdoor festival isn't the best way to see him), and part of Beach House + Real Estate.  The verdict at the end of the day was that I was glad I went, it was awesome getting to see Chavez, but the heat was pretty miserable and I'm not a big fan of outdoor festivals.  Let me add the caveat that I'm old (ok 32 isn't old but I feel old) which is why I'm not gushing more about the show.  Perhaps if it had been a few degrees cooler and my back didn't hurt like it always does I would have had an even better time.   
  
In other rock show news, yesterday the husband and I took the kiddo to see the Wye Oak/Dirty Projectors show. It was honestly one of the best live shows I've seen.  Jenn Wasner's voice is so stunning and both she and Andy Stack are just all around great performers.  Even our fickle 14 year old declared them to be his new favorite band.  He even got a photo with them which was really sweet.  If they come through your town I would really encourage you to see them.  I can't say anything about the Dirty Projectors part of the show because we only stayed for Wye Oak.  Nothing against the Dirty Projectors at all but we only had the stamina to see the opener.  And by "we" I really mean "me."  





Outside of going to lots of rock shows lately, I've also been working on new fall designs for the shop.  I will be adding these new items to the shop over the next couple of weeks so be sure to check it out.  

xo

L

No comments:

Post a Comment